What can you do if you are concerned about a child or young person?
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE IMMEDIATE SAFETY OF A CHILD IN QUEENSLAND CALL POLICE COMMUNICATIONS ON (07) 3364 6464 TO SEEK A REFERRAL TO YOUR LOCAL QUEENSLAND POLICE SERVICE CHILD PROTECTION UNIT.
IF THE MATTER IS URGENT CALL: 000
IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT A CHILD OR YOUNG PERSON, CALL:
The local Regional Intake Service during business hours (from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday):
- Brisbane and Moreton Bay Phone: 1300 682 254
- Sunshine Coast and Central Queensland Phone: 1300 703 762
- Far North Queensland Phone: 1300 684 062
- North Queensland Phone: 1300 706 147
- South East (Logan, Gold Coast and Bayside) Phone: 1300 679 849
- South West (Darling Downs) Toowoomba Phone: 1300 683 390
- South West (West Moreton) Ipswich Phone: 1800 316 855
Outside of these hours, you can contact the Child Safety After Hours Service Centre on phone free call 1800 177 135 (Queensland only).
Family and Child Connect offers essential support to families. CLICK here https://www.qld.gov.au/community/caring-child/family-child-connect/ for detailed information about family and child support opportunities in each Queensland region.
If you have difficulty finding local community organisations or require additional assistance, you can contact one of the following child protection peak bodies:
- Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak: (07) 3328 8500 http://www.qatsicpp.com.au/
- PeakCare Queensland: (07) 3368 1050 http://peakcare.org.au/
- Foster Care Queensland: (07) 3256 6166 North Queensland: (07) 4779 9513 http://www.fcq.com.au/
- CREATE Foundation Queensland: (07) 3062 4860 CREATE Foundation